Microchip Technology Product Development Engineer in Burnaby, Canada
Microchip is currently looking for a Product Development Engineer to join our Communications Business Unit in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
We are an experienced chip team working with the latest semiconductor development tools and methodologies in advanced process technologies to develop state-of-the-art network devices. As a member of the CBU team you will be responsible for design, verification and/or implementation of digital integrated circuits at the block level or top level of a device.
The role of the Product Development Engineer includes:
• Develop circuits for subsystems using Digital Design techniques. Implement through RTL coding in System Verilog and synthesis into logic gates.
• Design of verification testbenches in System Verilog and execution of test plans using verification methodologies such as UVM
• Integration of digital and analog circuits with Design-for-Test (DFT) techniques, and verify physical timing specifications through Static Timing Analysis (STA)
• Support of products from Specification through to Production by interacting with Engineers in Physical Design, Validation, Applications, Software/Firmware, Product Marketing and Production Engineering
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues
• Proven ability to thrive on, learn and adapt to new methodologies and technologies
• Strong coding skills
• Experience using one or more of System Verilog/Verilog/VHDL, Tcl/Perl/Python, C/C++, XML
• Experience in designing, synthesizing or verifying Verilog or VHDL based designs for silicon, on FPGA or other platforms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Familiarity with communication protocols such as Ethernet, OTN and others (an asset)
• Experience with Synopsys or Cadence tool flows for synthesis, verification or STA (an asset)
• Experience with 65nm and smaller silicon process technologies (an asset)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.