Microchip Technology Embedded Software Developer in Chandler, Arizona
Looking for an experienced hands-on Embedded Software Architect that will be responsible for the development of embedded software applications implementing functionality and features required by the MCU business unit. The position requires a high level of drive to keep pace and grow as the business continues to expand. You will need to be a hands-on, resourceful problem solver, and team player with exemplary communications skills to efficiently communicate data and collaborate with members of the various technical teams within our organization.
• Architect, design, develop and validate embedded firmware on various micro controllers
• Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to resolve product issues in different phases
• Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some electrical design aspects
• Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
• Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
• Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers
• 12+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in embedded software development
• Proficient oral and written communications skills and collaborates well in a team environment
• Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated innovative, creative and critical thinking capabilities
• Experience with various MCU cores (8 to 32-bits, PICs, AVRs, Common ARM Cortex) and peripherals
• Experience with automotive safety standards (ASIL / ISO 26262)
• High level of proficiency with C and Scripting languages (Python or similar)
• Exposure to networking, communications systems, and data security
• Understanding of RF and wireless communications, especially 802.11
• Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects at various phases
• Must be comfortable working with existing code, finding issues and refactoring
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.