Microchip Technology Software Architect in Chandler, Arizona
Looking for an experienced software architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You need to see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to help guide the development teams. You will be empowered to drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve business needs. Your responsibilities will include setting technical direction on projects, software structure, and frameworks. As a leader in the development organization you will help determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
• Owner of overall architectural vision and strategy
• Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
• Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
• Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, scalability, extensibility, etc.
• Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate requirements into technical solutions
• Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide scalable and high-performance solutions
• Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
• Prior experience with Agile development, Continuous delivery, and DevOps
• Strong, decisive self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
• Ability to work with all levels within the organization
• Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
• Familiarity with enterprise compliance and auditing processes
• Knowledge of advanced analytical tools, languages, or libraries
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.