Microchip Technology Sr. Engineer- Verification in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Verification of digital IP and large SoC ASICs for the data center and storage industry using advanced verification methodologies.
• Develop verification test plans from design specifications.
• Development of test environments using system Verilog and UVM verification methodologies.
• Verification and design of complex digital integrated circuits (100K to 10M+ gates), which are coded in Verilog and System Verilog using coverage metrics and contained random verification techniques.
• Working the design team members to identify and quickly resolve problems with the design.
• Support cross functional teams such as FPGA emulation, ASIC validation on testing, debug and bring up of ASIC devices.
• Communicate regularly with the team members to resolve issues, report status and solve technical problems.
• Read and understand applicable storage and computer interface protocol standards
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years related experience with block level simulation and debug. Working with revision control a plus.
• Experience with System Verilog and UVM or other object oriented languages (C++) is desired.
• Experience with advanced verification methodologies, formal verification and UVM.
• Knowledge and use of formal verification techniques is a plus.
• Working knowledge of design and verification tools such as Cadence NC-sim, waveform viewers, or similar tools.
• Scripting and programming skills using csh, bash, perl, python, tcl, etc.
• Good analytical and debugging skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English will be an asset
• Good teamwork and time management skills, self-direction, and the desire to excel in a competitive environment
• Protocol knowledge and experience in SAS/SATA and/or PCI-Express will be an asset
Internal applicants must be in their current role for 1 year minimum, and be in good standing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.