Microchip Technology Sr. Engineer, Software Systems in Kitchener, Ontario
THIS POSITION IS TO BE LOCATED IN KITCHENER, ONTARIO, CANADA
This position is a rare opportunity to play a key role in the development of a new FPGA architecture. If you are creative, ambitious, have interests in VLSI design and algorithms, and like working in a small team with great visibility and impact, it may be the place for you!
This position is with the Advanced Development Group, which plays the leading role in initial development of new FPGA families. Our particular focus is the architecture of the programmable logic, but we also are involved in most other aspects of the product. We develop and maintain a design software system and benchmark designs for FPGA architecture studies. We also bring our algorithmic and design expertise to bear on related problems, including automated test generation, and optimization of soft IP. We collaborate closely with the marketing, circuit design, layout, IP, manufacturing and software teams, and so must have a understanding of all the key ingredients that make a successful product. We maintain active contacts with the academic research community.
· Software architecture and algorithm development for computer-aided design of FPGAs.
· Use your software or analytical skills to help conceive or evaluate specific aspects of new FPGA architectures in leading edge CMOS technology, as part of a collaborative team.
· Investigate suitability of various architectures for emerging applications, such as neural network inference, digital signal processing, and compute acceleration.
· Help communicate results to other departments and management.
· Over time, grow to serve in project or technical leadership role.
· MS or PhD in CS, Computer Engineering, or EE.
· Minimum of three years related practical experience, either in industry or an academic research team.
· Demonstrated ability to implement algorithms in C++ or similar language.
· Some familiarity with:
Basic computer science algorithms (e.g., shortest path)
Digital logic design (Verilog or VHDL, and gate level schematics)
· The ideal candidate will have knowledge of at least one (but not necessarily more than one) of the following, and we will adjust the responsibilities of the position to focus on your area of strength:
Fundamental principles of CMOS transistor-level circuit design and simulation (such as from a VLSI design course)
Partitioning, placement, routing, clustering, synthesis, or technology mapping algorithms.
Design or layout of transistor-level digital circuits
Arithmetic logic circuits
Digital Signal Processing
Implementation of neural networks
Demonstrated ability to take on technical challenges, learn, and drive issues to closure.
Excellent communication skills orally (e.g. to present research findings) and in writing (e.g. specifications).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.