Microchip Technology Regional Applications Engineer in San Jose, California
This position is for the FPGA/SoC Business Unit (BU) located in San Jose, California, and serves our customers and field engineers around the world. This BU designs, develops, and markets low power, mixed signal and system critical FPGAs, offering the most comprehensive portfolio of system and power management solutions. This is an exciting role in a team of seasoned engineers with management’s visibility to your work, and with ongoing opportunities to learn various
Technological aspects of our products. You will be working with a team of Applications engineers in the USA and India.
As a Regional Applications Engineer (RAE), you will engage with our tier1 customers to help design/debug their FPGA/SoC designs.
· Provide advanced-level consulting and technical support (remotely and on-site) to tier1 customers through product demonstrations, creation of design examples, presenting advanced FPGA/SoC design and timing-closure techniques, debugging hardware bring-up issues.
· Demonstrate authority on all or most phases of FPGA/SoC design, including requirements analysis, HDL code development and simulation, embedded hard and soft processor system design, synthesis optimizations, place-route and timing constraints, timing closure, board-level schematic reviews, and FPGA hardware development and debug tools.
· Lead/participate in cross-functional teams across the BU, and get buy-ins to improve/define external memory interface solutions for current/future products.
· Participate in functional block reviews, product characterization and rollout, tools' ease-of-use discussions with senior Engineering and Marketing experts in the BU.
· Train field & technical support engineers with new Microsemi FPGA/SoC products & tools.
· Drive early adoption & evaluation of advanced debugging & software flows, IP cores, and kits in the team.
· Create customer-facing collateral, application notes, reference designs, white papers on advanced interfaces and solutions for Microsemi FPGA/SoC products.
· 8+ years of relevant industry experience with FPGA-based architecture definition, design, and support, including High Speed Serial IO and/or Embedded Processor
· 5+ years of experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and signal analyzers.
· Advanced level domain expertise in one or more FPGA/SoC design/debug expertise - Serdes and high-speed serial interfaces and protocols, DDR memory interfaces and protocols, timing closure techniques, FPGA synthesis and simulation, embedded Cortex or RISC-V processor/microcontrollers etc
· Must have in-depth experience with FPGA devices and eco-systems from at least 1 major FPGA supplier (Microsemi or Xilinx or Intel/Altera)
· Must have embedded processor experience with knowledge of C, and software debug tools such as Keil, IAR or Eclipse.
· Experience with Libero, or Vivado or Quartus Design Software, as well as EDA tools for FPGA design is required.
· Board level experience including power supply decoupling, high speed signal terminations and routing.
· System level debug with the ability to dig into system level issues to assist clients in identifying the root cause.
· Expert level experience with VHDL/Verilog, C.
· Excellent communication & problem-solving skills, and ability to independently drive issues to closure.
· Hard-working and committed; ability to handle stress and multi-task in a dynamic customer-centric environment.
· Must be a self-starter and an excellent team-worker.
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.